Saturday, April 24, 2021

6 Tips For Being A Better Volunteer ▬ Doug Johnson

6 Tips For Being A Better Volunteer

@BlueSkunkBlog
Blue Skunk Blog: 4.19.2021 by Doug Johnson

Since my retirement two years ago, I've upped my volunteering activities. I have led a seniors’ group hikes for a local YMCA, assisted in the teaching of adult basic education classes, and helped pack food packages.

🔽
Before retirement, I had volunteered primarily for my professional organizations, so doing this kind of hands-on work is new to me. And I am recognizing some things that make me a valuable volunteer.

1. Treat volunteering like a “real” job.
It may be because I was an employee for over 50 years, but when volunteering I am reliable, I am on time, and I do my best while on the job.

2. Know that your interactions with others is as important as the work itself.

3. Do a little extra.

4. Maintain boundaries.  READ MORE ➤➤

 
Based on 7 readability formulas:
Grade Level: 8
Reading Level: standard / average.
Reader's Age: 12-14 yrs. old
(Seventh and Eighth graders)


No comments: